Sun's Over the Yardarm

The Adventures of Princess P and Vitamin T

7.19.2006

Cocktails Anyone?

Ah unemployment! While I must say I've been relatively industrious in the morning hours there's just something about not being required to be anywhere in particular that just makes me want to drink.

When I became jobless I swore I would not start drinking before 5pm with the exception of Sundays (The Lord's Day after all - why not start at 3?). While for the first week or so this was simple I now hear the call of The Darkside earlier and earlier in the day. So, gentle readers, I ask you to send me some ideas of what to do with my copious free time...send web links, book titles, your mom's phone number! Give me something to do besides fight with the NB!!

Which brings me to The Fight. The NB and I have a relationship that is best described as one of Approach-Avoidance. He spends a month or so telling me how much he loves me, that he thinks about me a lot, that I'm so important and then BANG! runs off like his ass is on fire. I won't go on at length about this week's fight but what it boils down to is that on Saturday night while hanging out with him at his best friend's place I was treated to a phone conversation between the NB and The White Trash Skank which reached it's climax in "Ok, meet me at my place I'll run over there now."

When the color finished draining from my face I grabbed my purse and ran out of the apartment. The NB followed me, swore to me "She isn't a girlfriend. It's not like that", kissed me and ran off home. Two phone conversations followed (initiated by me, of course) which ended with a resolution that we would speak about it in person the next day. The next day he was unreachable. The third day he tried to act like nothing was wrong and when reminded that there was an issue he became super nasty. By that afternoon apologies had been issued but something is very different now...at least on my end. I'm staying hurt....and to tell the truth, knowing his severe allergy to shiny-skinned fruit I'm thinking about leaving a basket of apples on his doorstep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home