Sun's Over the Yardarm

The Adventures of Princess P and Vitamin T

8.11.2006

All Quiet on the Western Front

Sure has been quiet these past few days. The Darkside closing has created a major disruption in my routine. It's Friday night now and I have nowhere to go. The NB and his BF are working on their motorcycles tonight and then NB is heading south to see mom tomorrow so it looks like it's going to be a long, quiet, sucky weekend.

On the NB front: we went out to dinner with our friend Brendan last night. Brendan is getting married at the end of September and the NB is doing the photography for the wedding. When Brendan asked him to do it he said he couldn't possibly without me so now I guess I'm a roadie and we'll be attending the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, after-party and possibly brunch the next day. Brendan, or Doc as we call him (yes, he actually is a doctor unlike our friend Frank whom we also call Doc who isn't), is hot for us to spend the night in the hotel so we can hang out and drink our faces off with them after the reception so he has charged me with convincing the NB to do it.

At any rate, we had a nice dinner, the NB split and Doc and I went to have drinks at O'Neil's where I hung out before my Darkside days. Doc and I had a great convo but it was a surreal experience. All my old buds were coming up hugging and kissing me and Doc didn't know anyone so I didn't really want to get caught up with any of them....and then my ex Dave rolled in. He was semi-weird which is a way of life for him but I gave him a peck and went back to talking to Doc.

Shortly thereafter Dave's sister walked in who I always liked and she gave me a huge hug and we started gabbing. When the time came to go I went over to say goodbye to Dave et al and Dave looks at me and says, "Why are you going?" I mumbled something but mostly I was just thrown by him not being a total prick. As I turned to go he called, "See you tomorrow." Which leads me to the question - do I go hang out there tonight?

There are no worries about anything "happening" with Dave (besides, he has a very tiny penis - unfortunate for a man of his height). He was a douche to me for about 6 months and I'm over it...plus, more importantly, I'm stupidly in love with the NB. I think it's just that I don't want to fall back into that old group and that old groove. I love my friends and I have a place with them...I fit there. I guess this one's just a wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home